Monday, February 11, 2008

BISCUITS!!!!!

I woke up from a 3 hour nap absolutely craving biscuits. So I went out into 19 degree weather for milk an baking powder, then came online and found this recipe (that I halved to make 5 biscuits cause its just little ole me in the house):

1 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 1/2 tbsp. butter (at room temperature)
3/4 c. milk

Drop by a spoon on to a greased cookie sheet and bake till golden brown in a 450 degree oven.

I cut the butter up really tiny so it would melt in the oven. I made four huge biscuits, and while waiting for them to cook, I thought about stuff. Nothing important, just stuff. Alright fine, I'll tell you. I've been thinking about damn I forgot those biscuits smell awfully good. I love biscuits and their buttery goodness when they are all large and lumpy instead of prefect round cookie cutter biscuits. I also love those cheddar cheese biscuits the Red Lobster makes and oooooo I think they are done! No false alarm. Boo. So yea other good comfort food: Baked macaroni and cheese, I make it by melting can milk and cheddar and a stick of butter together and pouring it over cooked macaroni. Then I add an egg and some pepper and some more cheddar cheese and bake it till its nice and golden and oh my god I think I have an eating disorder: comfortfoodcravstopia. Its serious dudes. I need help. Some one call some one. I'm serious. Wait I think they might be done!!! Nope not yet... Lets see, what else is good...Ummm OOOOO easy strawberry pound cake. Take a hand full of strawberries and cut them up, sprinkle on a little sugar and put on a slice of pound cake. Add a little cool whip or even fresh whip cream and E.N.J.O.Y. One more time... Yay!!! They are done!!! sorry no pic camera died of early onset cardiac problems due to over use.....

No comments: